October 1st marks World Vegetarian Day and to celebrate we thought we’d give all of our veggie friends a tasty little present from us.
From seasonal risottos to tempting tarts, our wide selection of meat-free options at The Restaurant Bar & Grill, prove that skipping the meat doesn’t mean skimping on flavour.
From today, you don’t have to visit one of our restaurants to enjoy all of our fab veggie options, as the kind people at Club Individual towers are giving you the recipe for the Bar & Grill’s popular starter, Mushrooms on toast!
Mushrooms on toast – Garlic cream & chives (available at The Restaurant Bar & Grill and Bank Restaurant & Bar)
• 20g garlic butter
• 130g of your favourite mushrooms
• 90ml white wine cream
• 1g chives
• Tuscan bread
• Pinch of Sea salt
• Sprinkle of freshly ground pepper
• 10ml lemon juice
• 10g parmesan cheese
• 5ml virgin olive oil
• Slice your bread, drizzle with olive oil, season with sea salt and chargrill until crisp.
• Fry mushrooms in garlic butter, season with salt and pepper.
• Add white wine cream, bring to the boil and add lemon juice.
• Place toast on a warm plate, spoon over the mushrooms, finish with freshly grated cheese and finely chopped chives. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
*Chefs Tip – Bread needs to be well toasted or it will go soggy when the mushrooms are placed on top.
Let us know how you get on at @clubindividual